PHOTONIC REDLIGHT THERAPY:
This utilizes a broad-band single wavelength of 660 nanometers. It is non-thermogenic (does not produce heat), non-invasive and side-effect free.
The photonic red light torch can be used on:
* Injury or wound sites, where it accelerates the healing process by up to 60%.
* Relaxes muscles and fascia.
* It is an anti-viral.
* It stimulates and balances the acupoints from the outside to inside.
Red Light Therapy improves healing:
* Reduces pain by increasing the body’s own pain killer, endorphins.
* Reduces inflammation by suppressing enzymes that create swelling, redness and pain.
* Boosts the release of anti-inflammatory enzymes to reduce swelling quickly.
* It causes damaged cells to accept nutrients and eliminate toxins faster.
* Increases lymphatic drainage and circulation.
* Relaxes tight muscles and quickly releases muscle cramps.
* Strengthens anti-viral properties by increasing antibody production in the bloodstream.
* Improves structure of tendons, bones, skin, teeth and cartilage by increasing collagen production.
* Regulates serotonin levels thereby regulating inflammation and allergic reactions, plays an important role in blood clotting, stimulates a strong heart beat.
Text, courtesy of photonic health
Wesson Natural Therapies
REDLIGHT THERAPY AND KINESIOLOGY TAPING
Lisa is a Certified Equine Kinesiology Tape Practitioner!
Kinesiology tape is effective to reduce inflammation, increase support and stability,
reduce pain and improve function and range of movement.
Tape application provides stability and support to joints and muscles, depending on
the cut and amount of stretch used.
Range of motion is not restricted since the tape’s longitudinal axis ‘stretch’ allows it
to move with the body, and facilitates correct movement patterns.
Tape can be used to enhance the effects of any bodywork session.
Kinesiology tape works by lifting the hair and skin to create a decompressive effect. This decompression allows blood to flow more freely through the underlying soft tissue, which helps to remove waste products and inflammation/edema whilst also increasing blood flow. This brings oxygen and nutrients which are vital for healing.
Tape decompression effect reduces pressure on the pain receptors (nociceptors) whilst stimulating the mechanoreceptors which play a part in proprioception/movement awareness. Furthermore the pressure on the layer of tissue between skin and bone is reduced, restoring normal slide and glide mechanics between the layers. This mechanism increases range of motion.
Kinesiology tape can also be used in competition animals without injuries to give extra support to areas under more stress during training and competition. (Competition rules do apply)
Text, courtesy of holistic animal studies.org